Glass steel pipe is also called Fiberglass Pipe. It mainly uses glass fiber and its products as reinforcing materials, polymerized unsaturated polyester resin and epoxy resin as basic materials, and inorganic non-metallic granular materials such as quartz sand and calcium carbonate. The filler is used as the main raw material. The manufacturing method has three methods: a fixed length winding process, a centrifugal casting process and a continuous winding process. Glass steel pipe has many advantages such as strong corrosion resistance, smooth inner surface, low energy consumption, long service life (more than 50 years), convenient transportation and installation, low maintenance cost and low overall cost in oil, electricity, The chemical, paper, urban water supply and drainage, factory sewage treatment, seawater desalination, gas transportation and other industries have achieved wide application.
So what are the specific advantages of glass steel pipes? The Fiberglass Pipe Supplier will tell you next.
1. Good corrosion resistance. Since the main raw material of FRP is composed of polymer unsaturated polyester resin and glass fiber, it can effectively resist the corrosion of acid, alkali, salt and other media and untreated domestic sewage, corrosive soil, chemical wastewater and many chemical liquids. The erosion, in general, can keep the pipeline safe for a long time.
2. Good anti-aging performance and heat resistance. The glass steel pipe can be used for a long time in the temperature range of -40°C to 70°C, and the special high temperature resistant resin can work normally at temperatures above 200°C. For long-term use in open-air pipelines, UV absorbers are added to the outer surface to eliminate the radiation of ultraviolet rays on the pipeline and delay the aging of the glass-steel pipeline.
3. Good antifreeze performance. Below minus 20°C, no cracking will occur after freezing in the tube.
4. Light weight, high strength and convenient transportation. The glass steel pipe is not only light in weight, high in strength, strong in plasticity, convenient in transportation and installation, but also easy to install various branch pipes, and the installation technology is simple.
5. The hydraulic conditions are good. The inner wall is smooth, the conveying ability is strong, no scaling, no rust, and small water resistance.
6. Good design. Glass steel pipes can be designed and manufactured into pipes of different pressure grades and stiffness levels according to various specific requirements of users, such as different flow rates, different pressures, different depths of burial and load conditions.
7. Low maintenance costs. Due to the above-mentioned corrosion resistance, wear resistance, anti-freeze and anti-fouling properties, the glass steel pipe does not need to be rust-proof, anti-fouling, insulation, heat preservation and other measures and maintenance. There is no need for cathodic protection for buried pipes, which can save engineering maintenance costs by more than 70%.
8. Good wear resistance. The water containing a large amount of mud and sand was loaded into a pipe to carry out a comparative test on the rotational wear. After 3 million rotations, the wear depth of the inner wall of the test tube is as follows: the steel pipe coated with tar and enamel is 0.53 mm, the steel pipe coated with epoxy resin and tar is 0.52 mm, and the surface hardened steel pipe is glass steel pipe. It is 0.21mm. Therefore, the FRP has good wear resistance.
9. Electric insulation is good. FRP is a non-conductor. The electrical insulation of the pipe is excellent, and it is most suitable for power transmission. The heat transfer coefficient of the fiber-reinforced steel in the dense area of the telecommunication line and the multi-mine area is very small, which is five thousandths of the steel, and the insulation performance of the pipe is excellent.
10. Frictional resistance and high conveying capacity. The inner wall of the glass tube is very smooth, and the roughness and friction are small. Glass steel pipe can significantly reduce the fluid pressure loss along the path and improve the conveying capacity. Therefore, it can bring significant economic benefits: when the conveying capacity is the same, the engineering can choose the FRP pipe with smaller inner diameter to reduce the one-time engineering investment; with the same inner diameter pipe, the FRP pipe can reduce the head loss compared with other material pipes. , saving pumping costs. In addition, FRP pipes reduce pumping time and reduce long-term operating costs.
The above is the advantage of glass steel pipe, if you are interested in glass steel pipe, you can contact us, we not only have glass steel pipe and High Quality Fiberglass Storage Tank, welcome everyone to buy.
October 20, 2021
October 12, 2021
September 30, 2021