Today Corrosion Resistance Fiberglass Septic Tank Manufacturer introduces the ten advantages of FRP.
1. Corrosion resistance and no pollution
FRP pipes are resistant to the attack of acids, alkalis, salts, seawater, untreated sewage, corrosive soil or groundwater and many chemical fluids. FRP pipes have the excellent characteristics of non-toxic, rust-free, odorless, no secondary pollution to water quality, and no need for anticorrosion. Therefore, they are widely used in the water supply and drainage industry.
The surface of the pipeline uses unsaturated polyester resin, so its surface is clean and smooth, and will not be contaminated by microorganisms such as shellfish and fungi in the sea or sewage, which will increase the roughness, reduce the cross section of water, and increase maintenance costs. The pipeline is free of these pollutions, and it is as clean as long-term use.
3. Heat and frost resistance
In the state of -30℃, it still has good toughness and high strength. It can be used for a long time in the range of -50℃-80℃. The resin with special formula can also work at temperatures above 110℃.
4. Light weight, high strength, easy transportation, easy installation and installation. The fiberglass pipe produced by the fiber winding process has a specific gravity of 1.65-2.0 and only 1/4 of steel, but the circular tensile strength of FRP Pipes is 180-300MPa. The tensile strength is 60-150MPa, which is similar to alloy steel. Therefore, its specific strength (strength / specific gravity) is 2-3 times that of alloy steel, so that it can be designed to meet various internal and external pressure requirements according to different requirements of users. For single-weight glass steel pipes of the same diameter, only 1 / 2.5 of carbon steel pipes (steel coils), 1 / 3.5 of cast iron pipes, and about 1/8 of prestressed reinforced cement pipes, so transportation and installation are very convenient. FRP The length of each section of the pipeline is 12 meters, which can reduce two-thirds of the joints compared to concrete pipes. Its socket connection method is quick and easy to install, at the same time reduces the installation cost and greatly improves the installation speed.
5. Small friction resistance and high conveying capacity
The inner wall of the glass steel pipe is very smooth, and the roughness and friction are very small. The roughness coefficient is 0.0084, while the n value of the concrete pipe is 0.014 and the cast iron pipe is 0.013. Therefore, the glass steel pipe can significantly reduce the fluid pressure loss along the journey and improve the conveying capacity. Therefore, it can bring significant economic benefits: when the conveying capacity is the same, the project can use FRP pipes with smaller inner diameters to reduce the one-time engineering investment; using pipes with the same inner diameter, FRP pipes can reduce head loss compared to other material pipes To save pumping costs. In addition, FRP pipes can reduce pumping time and reduce long-term operating costs.
6. Good electrical insulation
FRP is a non-conductor. The pipeline has excellent electrical insulation and is most suitable for power transmission. The heat transfer coefficient of FRP in dense areas and minefields of telecommunication lines is very small, and the pipeline has excellent thermal insulation performance.
7. Good abrasion resistance
Put a lot of water containing mud and sand into the pipe to carry out a comparative test of the effects of rotary abrasion. After 3 million rotations, the wear depth of the inner wall of the test tube is as follows: 0.53mm for tar and enamel coated steel pipes, 0.52mm for epoxy and tar coated steel pipes, and glass hardened steel pipes It is 0.21mm. Therefore, FRP has good wear resistance.
8. Low maintenance cost
Due to the above-mentioned properties of corrosion resistance, wear resistance, frost resistance, and stain resistance, glass steel pipes do not need measures and maintenance such as rust prevention, pollution prevention, insulation, and heat preservation. Cathodic protection is not required for buried pipes, which can save engineering maintenance costs by more than 70%.
9. Good designability
FRP pipes can be designed and manufactured into pipes with different pressure levels and stiffness levels according to various specific requirements of users, such as different flows, different pressures, different burial depths and load conditions.
10. Long life and good comprehensive benefits
The service life of FRP pipes can be more than 50 years.
These are the top ten advantages of FRP introduced by High Quality FRP Chimney Manufacturer.
October 20, 2021
October 12, 2021
September 30, 2021