Fiberglass Storage Tank is a kind of glass fiber reinforced plastic products. It is a new type of composite material mainly made of glass fiber as a reinforcing agent and resin as a binder and controlled by a microcomputer controlled machine winding. Due to the many characteristics of FRP, FRP storage tanks are widely used in different applications in various fields. At the same time, FRP storage tanks are popular due to their low cost and advantages that traditional steel tanks do not have.
Fiberglass Storage Tank
FRP storage tank refers to a storage device that can be used to store liquid corrosive substances, which is made of resin, glass fiber and other materials. At present, the vast majority of FRP tanks on the market are made of glass fiber reinforced plastic. Glass fiber reinforced plastic has many advantages such as light weight, high strength, strong corrosion resistance, good thermal insulation effect and insulation. Because glass fiber reinforced plastic can weave many colors like glass fiber, and has the same strength and toughness as steel, it is widely known as "glass steel".
Compared with traditional steel tanks, traditional steel tanks are made of metal materials, which do not provide good storage and preservation effects for corrosive liquid substances, and often leak liquid. However, FRP storage tanks are not easily eroded by corrosive corrosive liquids because of their inertia of glass fiber, which greatly reduces the risk of storing liquid corrosive substances.
However, in the process of use, even the best materials may have problems, so what should be paid attention to in the repair process after a problem occurs? The following Fiberglass Tower Manufacturer will tell you what should be paid attention to when repairing FRP tanks.
1. When entering the glass fiber reinforced plastic storage tank for maintenance, all feeding valves should be closed, the tank should be emptied and cleaned. After testing, it is confirmed that there is no toxic gas in the tank, and the tank can be entered only when there is no oxygen deficiency. Soft-soled shoes should be worn and tied into the tank. Put on the seat belt and tie the other end of the seat belt to the top of the tank, pay attention to the ventilation inside the tank. When entering the tank, operations must be carried out under the supervision of the tank.
2. To prevent the utensils from hitting the tank wall, use a ladder and metal parts equal to the contact part of the tank wall to add a soft pad to protect the inner wall from being scratched and bruised.
3. The external ladders, cages and guardrails of FRP storage tanks should be carefully checked for safety and reliability before climbing. Climbing is strictly prohibited under abnormal conditions.
4. Do not load at will on the tank top during maintenance, or apply external force on the receiver.
5. FRP storage tanks for outdoor use will cause aging of the outer layer after use for many years, causing the resin layer to peel off or fibers to be exposed. It is recommended that the outer surface of the tank should be painted with paint or resin every two or three years to prevent aging and extend the service life.
However, Fiberglass Pipe Manufacturer is here to remind everyone that during the repair process, pay special attention to safety issues. Be sure to inspect all equipment before repairing the FRP tank.
October 20, 2021
October 12, 2021
September 30, 2021