Often, those who work with large equipment in construction or heavy industrial companies reluctantly accept corrosion as a byproduct of their work. The main causes that come to mind for most people are simply time, wear and tear. However, it is important to understand the specific conditions that can exacerbate and accelerate the possible adverse effects of a corrosive environment.
Compounds that are unavoidable side effects of industrial processes, such as sulfuric acid and methane gas, can diffuse and penetrate traditional materials such as aluminum and steel, gradually reacting with molecules on the surface and causing various forms of degradation. For example, when fiberglass products are in contact with metal coverings for long periods of time, chemical contaminants in the wastewater begin to eat away at the composite structure, causing severe surface rusting and corrosion. When exposed to wind, rain, sunlight and cyclical temperatures, classic materials exhibit the adverse effects of their ever-changing atmosphere and structure.
The decision to switch to "fiber reinforced plastic (FRP)" coverings and surfaces is a long term and reliable solution to a corrosion resistant future. Based on globally respected and recognized regulations and standards, forward-thinking companies are beginning to see FRP as a viable and versatile solution, known for its robust construction and corrosion resistance.
FRP pipes offer excellent properties unmatched by other traditional pipes and are resistant to corrosion, abrasion and heat. Weitong FRP produces fiberglass pipes for a wide range of applications, such as desulfurization, denitrification and desalination. Manufacturers realize that they can save millions of dollars in after-sales service and maintenance costs due to the high performance and wear-resistant FRP solutions.
Our FRP pipes and storage towers are lighter and easier to assemble, so components can be prefabricated or assembled on-site or off-site. This eliminates the need for complex construction plans, simplifies delivery times, and eliminates the need to execute welding protocols.
FRP corrosion protection allows for better FRP performance. FRP anti-corrosion can resist chemical corrosion, whether in strong acidic and alkaline environments or in organic agents for long periods of time, it can stimulate very stable material properties, and it also has good thermal insulation, so it is a very good insulation material in industry. It can also show good performance in those harsh weather conditions without cracking and rusting, which permanently ensures the stability of the material.
1. base material mainly refers to the surface of the material to be retained, the quality condition of the material as well as the selection of the material and the quality of the glass fiber.
2. Transition bonding layer is mainly used for the bonding between glass and base material to ensure the shear strength between glass and base material.
3. Resin mortar layer is mainly used to repair the surface defects of the substrate and improve the resistance of FRP coating.
4. Glass fiber reinforced layer is mainly used for reinforcement and leakage prevention of glass fiber reinforced layer, improving the mechanical properties of glass fiber reinforced layer, and ensuring the site conditions meet the stress-strain requirements.
5. The outer protective layer is mainly used to resist the external environment and usually consists of an impermeable layer and a resin-rich layer to prevent corrosion and leakage.
In industrial production, we encounter much more complex situations and the choice of anti-corrosion materials is affected. Tested FRP anti-corrosion materials are our best choice. WEITONG sells FRP related materials, including pipes, storage towers, etc. We welcome your inquiry.
June 20, 2022
June 13, 2022
June 08, 2022