Although the glass fiber has excellent performance, it is good in terms of hardness and anti-corrosion, but it also causes water leakage in the glass fiber storage tank due to various reasons. After the glass fiber is damaged, it is mostly replaced in the majority of cases, and it is difficult to correct it. It is usually restored by gluing or hot welding. Here Fiberglass Septic Tank Supplier briefly introduces the repair method of gluing.
(1) Clean the glass fiber storage tank.
First, remove the damaged tank, clean it and dry it, and do the prerequisites for correction.
Cut the appropriately large glass fiber cloth according to the size of the damaged part, remove the wax after baking, and heat it until it does not smoke, and be careful not to fold it.
There are many types of glue solutions, but in general, the two resins, epoxy resin and polyamide resin, are poured into a wide mouth container in a ratio of 1: 1, and they are thoroughly mixed with a stick to stir. It is better to lift the stick without drawing, do not mix too much at one time, so that it can be used up. Second, if the mixture is uneven, the prepared glue will solidify after a while. Get a quote.
First brush the glue on the inside and outside of the Fiberglass Storage Tank with a stiff brush, and then paste the prepared glass cloth on the glue surface, and pat gently to make it close to let the glue penetrate the glass cloth; first After the layer is soaked, apply a second layer of glue and stick a second layer of glass cloth. This cycle is repeated, just a few layers can be applied, pay attention not to get too thick when coating.
After coating, find a place with a higher temperature to allow it to solidify naturally. Although the moment of demand is longer, it must not be baked with an open flame. After the natural curing, sanding the corners, openings, and painting, the repair is completed, and the fiberglass storage tank is restored to be sturdy and durable.
Horizontal Storage Tanks
Fiberglass Storage Tank
In addition, we should also pay attention to maintaining glass fiber storage tanks in daily work, mainly from the following aspects:
1. When using, the circulating water pump should be turned on for 2 ~ 3 minutes before turning on the fan; when stopping, the circulating water pump should be stopped for 1 ~ 2 minutes before stopping the circulating water pump. Be careful when starting the pump: the pump must not be turned upside down, and it must not be idling.
2. Check and maintain pumps, valves, pipelines, nozzles, filters, etc. on time to ensure that the equipment works normally.
3. In order to ensure the normal operation of the glass fiber storage tank, someone must handle it. It should always check whether the fan and water pump are working properly, whether the spray pipe and air pipe are clear, whether the liquid level in the reservoir is normal, and whether the gas-liquid concentration is within the rules Within the scope, etc., if problems are found, they should be dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Check glass fiber storage tanks on time every year.
5. The user performs concrete foundation construction according to the basic information provided by the manufacturer; this equipment should be installed on the concrete foundation that is more than 100㎜ above the ground.
6, Supporting pipelines, valves, etc. must have a separate support, can not be fixed in glass fiber storage tanks.
7. Pay attention to maintaining the equipment when it is in the equipment, so as not to damage the body and exposed parts. When the tower flange is connected to the external flange, the correct tightening method should be used, and no excessive force should be used to avoid cracking the flange.
If you have any question on Fiberglass Tank Repair, welcome to contact us.